Monday 26 January 2009

Arrogance

Hm. Arrogance. Well, first off, a little confidence goes a long way. We all know that. But obviously when someone goes overboard, you lose friends. Or sometimes, gain them. It's sad.

Click here.

It's even sadder that The Popular Life is an actual book. No seriously. I could cry.

You can buy it. This guy is teaching you how to be an ingenuous, manipulative arsehole. You can actually buy this book. "I'm Popular. You're Not." is the title of this page. He then proceeds to spout self-centred arrogant prattlings, in the hope that someone insecure enough to believe the stuff he's going on about will suddenly become interested, and pay the $30 for his crap.

I'm sorry, but read some of the stuff he writes. Read it.

His strategies include:

- how to alter the backbone of your personality, which governs how you think and behave, to automatically act in a socially superior manner i.e. how to look like a self-absorbed ego-sponge.
-how to psychologically train your mind so you naturally become an extrovert LOL

I tell you who this book is for, it's for people who are awkward, have self-esteem issues and want to have more fun.

WHICH IS EVERYONE.

"I’m the one who's out having a good time while you sit around thinking about ‘how great your future will be’" Is what this writer says. No. You're not. What you've done is phleefed* about with peoples emotions, and manipulated them using psychology and psycho-analysis, so that you can get them to do what you want. It sounds like you don't want friends at all, but power. That's sad. You're treating humans like robots, and all you're doing is pressing the right buttons.

Let me explain, O writer of this filth, exactly why this fails. See, I, unlike you, ACTUALLY HAVE FRIENDS. I am a NATURALLY extrovert person, and I did not need a stupid-ass book to tell me how to interact with people. I talk to them, I listen to them, and I have fun. I get invited to parties by those who I have fun with. Nothing more, nothing less.

You, think, O writer, that just because you studied human psychology, that you can read people like a book, and mess them around. You think that by treating humans like little Rubik's cubes, that that makes you suddenly superior, and successful. No. Humans are not dumb. The only TRUE way to win people over in the way you suggest is to be BORN EXTROVERT. Every human was born with certain personality traits, and let me tell you right now it is not worth training yourself to be someone who, fundamentally YOU ARE NOT.

People who feel they must buy this book, I'm sorry. You may be insecure, curious or just bored. I don't know. Go buy it then, I'm in no position to judge you for it. But just listen to this, perhaps you don't need some cocky arse-cheese to tell you how to get friends. You can only TRULY learn how to interact with humans properly by INTERACTING WITH HUMANS. If you have trouble making friends, this book will just make you an arrogant loser. Trust me, I've met people like that before, and let me tell you they're about as likeable as an 18 wheeler truck travelling at 60mph coming in your direction.

Be yourself. Your character may get bruised and toyed around with, but you'll come out tougher, and BETTER AT DEALING WITH PEOPLE.

One rule for getting on with people, just don't be a COCKerel, like this guy here.

Just getting that straight.

----------------
Now playing: AC/DC - Back in Black
via FoxyTunes

*phleef
v.phleefed,phleef-ing,phleefs
- To mess something up, or around.
- Another word for f***, often used as an intensifier.
n.
- A total idiot and/or arse.

No comments: